Managing option exercising is now easier than ever.
All exercises are now settled through Carta—US optionholders pay via ACH, Non-US optionholders pay via a wire transfer. Carta conveniently manages payment reconciliation and payment issues such as insufficient funds or overpayments. US private companies can centrally adjust exercising via the Transaction Settings page.
Who this affects:
- 🇺🇸 US private companies
- 💸 All exercises are settled with Carta - No matter where your optionholders are located, Carta will receive all funding for on-platform exercises. US holders pay for their exercise via ACH and non-US holders pay for their exercise via a wire transfer to Carta. Company admins will no longer need to mark exercises as paid.
- ✉️Communication with optionholders - Carta communicates directly with optionholders to resolve payment issues, letting them know of an outstanding balance for an exercise or facilitating a refund for overpayment.
- ❌ Auto-cancel unpaid exercises - If a wire exercise is unfunded or underfunded for 30 days after admin approval, the exercise will automatically be canceled.
- ⚙️ Clear transaction settings - Control option grant exercisability easily in one central location
- To be rolled out to all customers by the end of February 2021
- Visit Company > Settings > Transaction Settings to opt in
- Once your company has access to this feature, you must opt in within 30 days otherwise online exercising will be disabled
- If you do not yet have access, reach out to your Customer Support Manager to get immediate access