VC Fundraising Data Room
Fund Managers are now able to set up a fundraising data room as part of our VC fundraising process. The Carta platform makes it easy to run the entire fundraising process in one place – from creating your data room to closing your fund with our subscription document process.
Key features of this data room include:
- Integration with fundraising and subscription document experience
- Easy control of access for GPs
- Tracking documents viewed and visits to data room by user
- Watermarking documents
- Ability to require NDA signing
How it works:
The fundraising data room is integrated into the Closings process. Any fund on Carta can use this data room with or without our subscription documents.
Setting up a fundraising data room
- Carta staff will create a fund and turn on Closings for you. On the Closings tab, the user will see the option to set up a data room
- After clicking Set up, users will see more information about what the data room offers. Then users can set a name and choose which settings to apply to this data room.
- After the data room is created, documents and folders can be uploaded to the data room.
Viewing / Removing access
Firm users can see which users have access, which partner they are associated with, and the option to remove access from the Access section of the data room.
Viewing Potential Investor Activity
Firm users can view LP activity, which is often an indicator of how interested they are in the fund, by looking at the Activities section of the data room.
If funds turn on the watermarking feature in data room, all downloading PDFs will have a watermark containing the user's name, email, and time of download.
LP access to data room
LPs can are invited to the data room through the Closings tool. They will receive an email invitation to view documents in the data room.
LPs can use the Request subscription documents button to request documents from the fund. When LPs are done viewing the data room, they can click Dismiss task to remove the task from their tasks section.
Who can use this?
All investment firms on Carta. Contact your fund administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org to turn this on for your fund. Read more about the details of how to use this on our support site.
This is available to all investment firms as of July 21, 2021