Non-US optionholders at US private companies will now be able to initiate and pay for option exercises through Carta.
Who this affects:
- 🌐 Non-US optionholders at US private companies that have enabled this feature
- Submit exercises on Carta - When enabled by your company, option exercises can be initiated within Carta.
- Submit payment to Carta - After admin approval, pay for your exercise with a wire transfer to Carta. Once Carta receives the full cost of the exercise, funds are transferred to the issuing company.
- Exercise and payment status - Track exercise and payment status within Carta. Be notified of any issues with your payment.
- Immediate certificate generation - After receiving the funds for your exercise, a stock certificate is immediately generated for company officers to sign.
- This feature is being made available to US private companies gradually throughout 2021.