Exercisability settings for non-US companies
Non-US, private companies in supported regions now have the ability to enable exercising workflows for their optionholders. Optionholders can access wire payment instructions within Carta after exercise approval to send funds directly to the company.
Who this affects:
- 🇰🇾 private Cayman Island companies
- 🇨🇦 private Canadian companies
- 🌐 + more locations in the future!
- Supported non-US, private companies can enable offline wire exercising, allowing their optionholders to initiate and track an exercise request within the Carta platform.
- Company admins can manage payment instructions that are provided to optionholders after an exercise is approved.
- Company admins can toggle exercisability on and off, as well as select which grant types are exercisable.
- Company admins must visit the Transaction Settings page to enable exercising
- Companies must have a valid fair market value (FMV)
- Support article: Exercise workflow for optionholders
- Support article: Overview of option exercising via the offline wire exercise workflow