See how upcoming refresh / tenure, promotion, and true-up grants will affect your option pool
You can now use the Equity Forecasting and Burn Calculator to automatically calculate the impact on your option pool from three different types of equity grants:
- Refresh / Tenure grants – For employees eligible for a tenure grant, use the calculator to forecast the equity grants they should be awarded based on their start date
- Promotion grants – For employees eligible for a promotion, use the calculator to forecast how many grants they should be awarded based on their start date or their next level’s benchmarks
- True-up grants – For employees compensated under the market rate, you can view the size of a grant to bring them up to the market rate, and optionally include it within the equity pool burn
With these grants incorporated into your calculations, you can more accurately model your equity pool’s burn over the coming year to make informed decisions around strategies for your compensation program.
How do I access the Equity Forecasting and Burn Calculator?
You can access the Equity Forecasting and Burn Calculator, along with any other Carta Total Comp reports, from either:
- The top of your Scorecard page in Carta Total Compensation
- The Total Compensation folder within the Equity Reporting section in Carta
If you want to have access or want to schedule a demo to understand what you can unlock with the calculator and Carta Total Comp, reach out to your CSM.
We are planning a few additional enhancements to improve ease of use of the Equity Forecasting and Burn Calculator:
- Clear descriptions on how to use each tab
- Incorporation of planned exits / attrition assumptions
- Incorporation of suggested quantities to reach certain targets
This calculator is also a living and growing tool – and so any feedback you have will be appreciated. You can either provide it via email@example.com, through your CSM, or directly within Carta Total Compensation after downloading the calculator. Your feedback will help us improve this and other reports to fit your needs.