New and Improved Exercising Flow
We’re excited to announce our enhanced exercising flow coming early next week!
The updated in-product experience aims to help employees feel more confident throughout the process and reduce the finance and HR team’s burden of managing (and answering questions about) option exercises.
To begin, your company must have online transactions turned on in Carta. Once they do, all you need is:
- A US bank account
- ISO, NSO, or ISO/NSO split grants that are vested
As part of the update, we’ve added an Exercise button directly on the Holdings page, under the new vesting chart. Click on the button to begin.
Once you’re ready, Carta will guide you through a step-by-step process that includes:
- The ability to select which grant and how many shares to exercise
- Estimated tax breakdowns to help you understand your obligations at the time of exercise and the end of the fiscal year
- In-flow profile and payment management to streamline the exercising experience without friction
- Autofilled 83(b) election form for employees who early exercise
- A clear timeline of next steps you should look out for before the shares are in your portfolio
Have more questions about your equity? Click here to learn more >