Introducing an Exercising Simulator for option holders
At Carta, we want to make big decisions like exercising simple and easy to understand. To that end, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be launching a new simulator tool!
- Part of this update includes
scenario presetsdetermined by your type of grant(s). By default, we will show Exercise All Vested and Customize Your Exercise choices. If you possess a grant that is early exercisable, you will be able to see and use that preset in your portfolio.
- Customizing your exercise will allow you to enter in share quantity amounts in the tool. Changing the date updates the vested amount based on your vesting schedule.
Estimate your costs
To further provide context and helpful information, we’ve introduced the following estimates for all scenarios at the top of the tool. They are:
- Pre-tax cost (strike price x quantity)
- NSO taxes (including option spread)
- AMT taxes (breakdown of calculation)
To support this, you will be able to enter in standard tax data per scenario.
You can also drill down about each type of cost by clicking on the
View Details button on the right. Below is an example of how we explain Pre-tax cost.
If you have any questions or feedback for this new tool, please send a note to email@example.com