Introducing Agreement Execution for issuing new interests
You can now generate fully executed legal agreements when issuing interests with Carta LLC.
What's important or valuable about this change?
With the new Agreement Execution functionality, you can simplify the end-to-end issuance workflow, increase efficiency, and auditability:
- Set up interest agreement templates and automatically populate them with data from Carta, such as each interest holder's information, interest type, number of units, and more
- Send these interest agreements to the holder to collect their signature directly on the PDF
- Save the fully executed agreement in Carta with the interest so you and the interest holder can access it for audits, personal finance, or tax use cases
What do I need to do?
To get started with Agreement Execution, you will need to first work with our team to set up a new interest agreement template. Get started by navigating to Documents > Templates.
Request a new template by clicking on the button on this page.
You need to provide us with the following items to set up a new template:
An interest agreement template document in .docx format
- Include a line for where the holder should sign
- Include a pre-populated company signature, if applicable (Carta does not populate any signatures besides that of the holder)
A list of fields for Carta to auto-populate in the document
- Today, we can populate any issuance and holder data and certain data relevant to the account and entity
Once your template has been set up, Carta Staff will notify you and you can use it to issue new interests. Watch our demo video to learn more.
How do I learn more or get help?
For more information on interest agreement templates, please read our support article.