Health Check Dashboard [Early Access]
The Health Checks Dashboard allows you to identify, understand, and take action to fix data inconsistencies in your Carta account. It is currently rolling out to select customers under “Early Access”.
This article focuses on the following topics
- Who can access the dashboard
- Where to access the dashboard
- How to navigate the dashboard
- How to fix a health check error
Who can access the dashboard
You must be a Company’s Legal Administrator, Company Editor, or Company Viewer to see the dashboard. Note that Company Viewers do not have the ability to edit company data, and will only have view-access to the dashboard. Learn more about permissions.
Where to access the dashboard
via the Company Summary Page
via the Company menu dropdown link
How to navigate the dashboard
Tags help you navigate to Health Checks related to a certain topic. If you select more than one tag, checks that apply to any of the tags will be displayed below.
Required: Shows Health Checks that require attention as soon as possible and may post a transaction risk if not addressed. These reflect instances where bad data can propagate to other nodes in the Carta network is not address promptly
Recommended: Shows Health Checks that can improve the Carta experience and ensure different Carta experiences reflect consistent values.
Dismissed: Shows Health Checks that have been dismissed by users. Certain Health Checks will flag issues that may be expected discrepancies, from a company perspective. These will be dismissable
Health Check Cards
Each card will contain information on why a fix is important and instructions on where to fix the issue. Tooltips to the right of the title, contain guides to support articles and more details on how an issue can be addressed.
Fixing a Health Check Error
There are two types of Health Checks- ones that can be fixed by a company user and ones that require a Carta team member to make the underlying changes.
If a Health Check error has a modify action, you will be able to address the issues on your own.
For other health checks, we may recommend that you reach out to Carta Support to process the data change on your behalf.
Will Carta continue to work, if I don’t address Health Check errors?
- Yes, Carta will continue to work, but you may see discrepancies in Carta tools and reports. We suggest that you address required issues as soon as you can to ensure Carta works smoothly.
Can Carta fix the data issues for me automatically?
- We take your data integrity very seriously. As such, we want to ensure all changes to data are reviewed and verified by an account owner. In some circumstances, we’ve improved the product to capture more data and need your help populating the new data fields.
Why is it important for me to address Health Check errors?
- All Carta tools depend on clean and accurate data to work correctly. For example, an expense report requires vesting schedules and stakeholder relationships to be filled out correctly.