Design Improvements to the RSU Modal
Today we’re making design improvements to the RSU Modal to make it easier for holders to understand the value of their equity.
What is changing?
RSU holders now can see a summary view of their securities in the details tab, including an overview table with units breakdown. Also, double trigger RSUs are no longer stuck in a zeroed state, they can now see a breakdown of vesting information, including time-vested amounts.
Changes to the Details tab of the RSU Modal
RSU holders will see the following information on the RSU details page:
- Original quantity / Issued: Total amount of RSUs granted on the issue date
- Released for settlement: The number of vested units that have been part of a settlement event
- Delivered: The number of shares ultimately delivered to the holder as a result of converting the RSU, after any shares withheld by the issuer as payment for the holder's tax obligation
- Withheld at settlement: The number of shares that have been withheld to cover taxes at settlement
- Partially-vested amount: eligible for settlement when performance is hit, or the the total number of shares time vested, and available for settlement
- Remainder: Resulting number of shares from original quantity, after subtracting settled and withhold amounts
The bottom of the details tab will now include an employee education modal, which will be used to surface important education about their RSUs.
Changes to the Vesting Schedules tab of the RSU Modal
Now, holders can see the cumulative values for all vesting conditions applicable to their RSUs, which can be time or milestone based, with or without additional performance conditions.
We’ve updated the Vesting Schedules tab to account for the following scenarios (screenshots of each below):
- Double trigger RSU (Based on time and an additional condition)
- Double Trigger RSU (Based on milestones and an additional condition)
- Single Trigger RSU (Based on time)
- Single Trigger RSU (Based on milestones)
- RSU has been terminated or expired
Double trigger RSU (Based on time and an additional condition)
Double Trigger (Based on milestones and an additional condition)
Single trigger (Based on time)
Single trigger (Based on milestones)
RSU has been terminated or expired
Visit the resource center for more details
Have additional questions? Check out support.carta.com to learn more.