Deal Documents on Carta
Fund managers are flooded with troves of documents for every investment their fund's make. These documents house vital terms that need to be quickly referenced during deal negotiations and potential exits to answer questions like- Who has blocking rights? Keeping these documents organized and easily accessible is also key to running a stress free audit that institutional LPs can have confidence in.
For our early access group, funds using the Carta General Ledger can now see their deal documents directly on their realtime SOI. For each portfolio company, easily access documents by asset including both new investments and the supporting documentation for subsequent valuation updates.
How it works
1. Work with the Carta team to capture all deal documents
2. Click through any asset on the realtime SOI
3. See all associated deal documents and valuation support
4. View or download the actual documents to verify any needed terms.
5. Have your Carta Fund Administrator grant your auditor access to the Carta General Ledger so they can access any documentation/support the same way.
Stay tuned as we roll this out to a bigger audience and introduce more tools to make keeping track of deal terms across a portfolio even easier. Reach out to your account manager if you would like to be considered for early access.
Timing: Rolled out to Carta Fund Administration early access clients April 2021
Audience: CFO's, Fund Managers, Auditors, General Partners