Capital Activity Tool
Capital calls and distributions have historically been completed via communications directly with your fund admin outside of Carta’s Platform. This system led to potential delays due to a lack of transparency and tracking capabilities.
Carta has now launched the new and improved Capital Activity Tool. This combines capital calls and distributions on Carta’s platform, enabling your fund admin to complete your requests easily from within while maintaining transparency and communications with you and your stakeholders.
What’s important or valuable about this change?
Carta has reworked our capital call and distribution processes to streamline your capital to get it to where it needs to go as quickly as possible.
The new capital activity tool does the following:
- Combines capital calls and distributions under one tab for your fund admin team
- Handles complex net events where LPs are being called and distributed value at the same time
- Allows for distributions to use the same in-app GP approval flow that cap calls use
- Allows for distributions to use the same pro rata math to auto-populate figures that cap calls have
- Adds itemization support (bucketing) so journals and cap call notices can detail how much of a cap call is for expenses, fees, and more
- Calls outside commitment are now supported
- Cap calls can use dynamic fields for notice building (previously distributions only)
- The support section is now customizable on notices
- Progress (LPs paid) figures are now accurate
- Tracks partial amounts from LPs
With this new infrastructure, Carta will start adding features at a high velocity. Stay tuned for improvements to in-kind support, notice customization, scheduled LP reminders, sub-close interest, and more.
What do I need to do?
Continue to call capital via the in app process. This will primarily affect your fund administrators. We will transition all funds to this new process shortly.
How do I learn more or get help?
Please refer to these screenshots for a sneak peek of what your fund admins can now select.
- Capital Calls
- Subsequent Close Call
- Custom Event
Fund admins can now add a due date and the contribution event easily.
Fund admins can now select from a variety of buckets for your capital activity and decide how to allocate across investors.
Fund admins can now get more granular with data, allowing them to make sure they call and distribute the correct amount for each stakeholder.
Track all of your capital activity in one easy location.