Fund managers using Carta Closings can now easily increase their LP’s commitments directly in the Carta platform.
We made closings even easier for you and your investors
Save time by using our new, standard template that allows you to quickly execute a commitment increase for an LP who has subscribed to your Fund or SPV. Simply enter the details of the commitment change, sign, and share with you LP.
How does it work?
1. On the Partners tab, select the LP whose commitment or contribution you would like to increase.
2. Enter the information required on our template:
- Manager name: The name of the managing entity for the Fund or SPV
- LP signatory: The LP, or the contact who will be signing on behalf of the LP
- New commitment amount: The additional commitment amount the LP will be agreeing to
- Effective date: You have the option of designating an effective date or making the effective date the date the LP signs the document
Then, review and sign the document that reflects the adjustment to the commitment amount.
3. Last, your LP will receive an email notification that the document is ready for their review and signature. They can easily e-sign the document using their LP Portal.
After the LP signs, the commitment increase is automatically booked in the Carta platform. Plus, Carta will share the countersigned documents with all parties.
Carta makes this standard template available to all fund administration and SPV customers. You must first check with your counsel to ensure this template is suitable for your needs, and that you understand the legal and regulatory implications of increasing an LPs commitment amount prior to using this feature.
How do I learn more?
To learn more about this feature, please reach out to your account manager.
Have additional questions about Carta Closings? Check out our fund manager resource and LP support article, or request a demo.