Previously, our capital call request tool only allowed General Partners (GPs) to request capital from all investors in the fund regardless of their close date. Starting today, GPs can use the redesigned tool to:
- Make pro-rata capital calls from their existing investor base
- Call capital from subsequent close investors
Additionally, GPs will be able to view a list of all their newly closed investors, as well as any investors whose commitments have increased or decreased since the last capital call. The capital call amounts to be called from these investors will be auto-calculated by the tool for the GP to review.
How it works
- There are two ways you can request a capital call. You can navigate to the Firm Management Page or through the capital calls tab in the fund page.
Select the type of capital call you would like to request:
- Pro Rata capital calls is an improved version of our capital call tool. Input a capital call dollar or percentage amount, followed by call details, and go through the final review step before initiating your capital call.
- Subsequent Close capital calls will list out investors who are new and those with changed commitments since the last capital call. You will have an optional text box for additional notes, capital call details, and a final review before initiating your capital call.
Who this affects
This is available for all fund administration customers who are on the Carta General Ledger.
We’ll be expanding the tool’s functionality to handle more complex scenarios, such as calling additional capital from both new and existing investors in the fund. We also plan to embed the PDF notices at the review step to give GPs the option to start the capital call without further approvals.