New specializations for Design and Operations
We’re excited to announce the release of two new specializations:
- UX Design (within the Design job area)
- Logistics and Supply Chain (within the Operations job area)
Note: Our sample size for new specializations can be smaller than job area benchmarks, which could result in data volatility as we continue to update the data and grow our overall sample size.
No other benchmarks have changed in this update.
How do I see benchmarks for the additional specializations?
You can view benchmarks for the new specializations by:
- Visiting the Bands page and selecting “Design” or “Operations” under Area. Once the job area is selected, you can select either the UX Design or the Logistics and Supply Chain specialization by selecting the Specialization dropdown.
- This will allow you to view salary/equity bands for levels 1 - 8 for either specialization.
- The above process can be followed for each of the new specializations.
How do benchmarks for the additional specializations affect the Employee Scorecard?
The compa-ratio is a quick way to compare an employee's compensation to your plan's target rate for a given job area, level, and location. The compa-ratios for an employee assigned to the UX Design and Logistics and Supply Chain specializations will now be calculated using the target compensation for the specialization, not the job area.
How do I update my benchmark version to use new specializations?
You can update your compensation plan to use the latest benchmark versions either by:
- Visiting the Plan page and clicking on the "Update available" link in the Active Plan window.
- Navigating to the Bands page and clicking on the "Update" bubble in the top left.
You will have the opportunity to preview the new plan with the updated benchmarks version and assess their impact on your Scorecard before accepting the new plan.