Managing option exercising is now easier than ever.
International optionholders of US companies can now exercise online via wire transfer to Carta. As a result, all US companies can now settle exercises through Carta, for both ACH and wire transfers payments. Carta conveniently manages payment reconciliation and payment issues such as insufficient funds or overpayments. This new feature is controlled via the new Transaction Settings page.
Who this affects:
- 🇺🇸 US companies, public and private
- 💸 All exercises are settled with Carta - company admins will no longer need to mark exercises as paid. No matter where optionholdersers are located, Carta will receive funding for on-platform exercises - US holders pay for their exercise via ACH and non-US holders pay for their exercise via a wire transfer to Carta.
- ⚙️ Clear transaction settings - company admins control option grant exercisability easily in one central location within Transaction Settings, under Company Settings.
- ❌ Auto-cancel unpaid exercises - A wire exercise is automatically cancelled if unfunded or underfunded for 30 days after admin approval.
- ✉️Communication with optionholders - Carta communicates directly with optionholders to resolve payment issues, letting them know of an outstanding balance for an exercise or facilitating a refund for overpayment.
- Configuring Transaction Settings will enable access to online wire exercises for international optionholders.
- Visit Company > Settings > Transaction Settings to opt in. Note: Opting "out" does not disrupt the current company or transaction settings. Access to Transaction Settings does not impact users' ability to exercise.
- Rollout begins Oct 14, 2021
- Rollout to reach 100% of all customers by the end of 2021