Our Portfolio Insights clients can now easily request information from their Portfolio Companies. We’ve created the flexibility to select file types, KPIs, or information about the portfolio companies’ upcoming financings.
How it works
Navigate to Manage RFIs under Settings and select which companies from your portfolio you’d like to make edits to:
- Enabled: Will request data from Portfolio Companies
- Fiscal Schedule: Control if your request is a standard quarter end, or +1 or +2 month end (e.g. Q2 fiscal schedule of July 30 or August 30)
- FND: Ask if Portfolio Company will be raising funds in the next year, if so, by when and how much.
- AER: Do you want to send automatic email reminders if the Portfolio Companies did not reply.
- Period: Request income statement figures for the last 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months
Requested Files: Request between:
- Articles of incorporation and Cap Table (for companies that don’t manage their cap table on Carta)
- Forecast and Board Decks.
- Requested KPIs: Select from the list of 40 industry standard KPIs (Users, ARR, Web Traffic, etc). Enable KPIs individually or in industry-specific batches.
- Toggle data collection, tailor the documents to be requested, and enable various KPI fields for a more intuitive RFI preparation process
- Save preferences and send your next portfolio RFI during your typical request cadence.
- Portfolio company upload portals will be customized accordingly, ensuring you’re only requesting exactly what you need from each logo
We recommend limiting KPIs to 3 or 4 to keep portfolio company upload portals from becoming overwhelming.
Custom KPI (i.e. those that don’t exist in our drop down) functionality is scheduled to be available late Q3 2021.
The configuration page is currently released and enabled for all Portfolio Insights clients.
For more information regarding RFI configuration, or portfolio insights, please reach out directly to your portfolio insights account manager or email@example.com.