Option exercising with Public companies is now easier than ever.
The exercising experience for public companies has been improved. The exercise request is now a coherent workflow guiding users through each step and providing key information about the exercise. With this detail, users can be more confident with their selection at each step of the exercise request. If there are issues with the exercise, clearer banners explain how Carta calculates share amounts and market prices.
Who this affects: 🇺🇸 Public US companies
New experience for exercise requests:
- Added explanations of exercise transaction methods
- Clearer confirmation of address and payout method
- Improved order details with indicators on maximum eligible options and clear explanation of order types
- Incorporated review of taxes withheld and reminder of potential for additional taxes owed at end of the year
- Summarized the exercise request clearly laying out the cost and transaction details so users understand what will be needed
- Cashless exercising reflects issuer imposed trade limits
Action required: No action required
Timing: Released to 100% of all public companies on Jan 24, 2022