We're updating firm permissions to be more granular for larger firms, while keeping them easy to manage for emerging managers.
Fund Admin clients on Carta will now have the ability to grant users on their accounts access to only the information they need: Investments, Limited Partner information, Fund Admin, and Fund performance data.
How it works
Admins on a VC firm account have the ability to add users and update their permissions. Permissions are controlled under Settings on a firm account. Non-admins can go to the Settings page to see who the admin on their account is.
Basic VC firm accounts on Carta will be able to grant users Admin or Investments access.
Firms that use Carta for additional services have the ability to grant users additional permissions for each fund in the firm.
Grants access to
- Add, update, or remove other users on the firm
- Accept securities on behalf of the funds in the firm
- Update payment information for the funds in the firm
- Complete tender offers on behalf of funds in the firm
- Use the portfolio merge tool
- Company information for companies that fund has invested in
- Schedule of investments
- Access to partner information, including contact information, commitment amount, and parter documents
- Access to fundraising and closings tools
- Access to fund administration information, including capital calls, distributions, and quarterly reports
- Ability to communicate with fund admin team through Carta
- Ability to request and approve fund admin updates
- Access to fund performance data
- View only access to investments, partners, fund admin, and fund performance data
- Users with audit access cannot have other access to the fund
For each user, an Admin can grant them “default” access to the firm. Defaults will automatically give users these permissions for new funds that are added to the account.
Who this affects
This update affects all VC firm users on Carta. Users will not see a difference to their existing access with this change, but going forward Admins can update permissions.
We are rolling this out to a small number of firms starting on August 30 and plan to roll out to all firms within a few weeks.